Saturday 14 August 2010

WALESSS Wild camping









A few years ago I went on a trekking expedition to various Parts of Wales for my Duke of Edinborough Gold Award. This Summer I decided to go again with a few friends of mine, i missed the open road and the fresh air but most of all I missed the freshest water you will ever taste!! Plus it’s a good way to boost your fitness in a short period of time. So we set off on Wednesday the 4th August to the 6th, reason being not all my friends were as experienced as I was so we kept it short. Our aim was to hit the Black mountains and Brecon Beacons situated in South Wales. We were extremely fortunate to be blessed with great weather, the views were amazing. The wild camping was definitely a new experience for my friends as they were use to campsites but this allowed us to have our own space and be as loud as we wanted. Of course the days walking did take its toll on us but the food always gave us our energy back. By far the worst creature out there were the midges, they are like mosquitoes on drugs they just eat you alive. Luckily learning from experience i got the essential bug spray and cream which saved our lives I’m telling you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment